I remember seeing this design for a pumpkin at the store once, but that one was made out of metal. Since we had been crafting all day, we had leftovers laying around that I decided to make use of. The most important piece out of them all was the center tube. Mine is the spool that was left over from the ribbon for Lacy Lady Ghosts. I also used the leftover leaves and floral tape from a project Tori was doing.
Here is what you will need:
- approximately 20 strips of paper (10-12 inches long)
- 1 tube (ribbon spool or toilet paper roll)
- 2 pieces of construction paper
- hot glue/ hot glue gun
- fake leaves and floral tape optional
- I started by covering my tube with construction paper.
- I used some glitter paper and cut 2 colors into 1 inch wide strips.
- Since my tube was a spool, I started with the bottom and glued strips in an alternating pattern to the base. You can easily follow step 4 to create a bottom if you are using a toilet paper roll.
- I covered over the top of my roll with construction paper, cutting and gluing down the sides. This created a flat base for me to attach the other ends of my glitter paper to create the pumpkin shape.
- I created a short roll out of construction paper and cut 1 inch slits into the bottom so that I could fold those flaps out and glue to the top of my pumpkin to create a stem. After I glued the stem roll I squished, crushed, and twisted the roll to look more like a pumpkin stem.
- I then covered the stem with floral tape and glued on some leaves. Tada!