This is a variation on a salad my aunt makes.
- 4 cups Lettuce (I prefer mixed greens for nutrition and color)
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes; halved
- 1 cup Strawberries; sliced
- 2/3 cup Blueberries, Blackberries, or Raspberries
- 2/3 cup Candied Pecans
- 2 large slices of Dried Mango; thinly cut
- Ken’s Raspberry Pecan Dressing; to taste
Wash and dry the lettuce. *Dry lettuce is the key to great salads. It is what makes the dressing coat evenly to have wonderful flavor in every bite.* Add all other ingredients. I like to use scissors to cut the mango. It is much easier. Feel free to mix things up. My aunt sometimes adds apples or pears. Just go with what is fresh! Then add dressing to taste.
I like to eat this as a meal or serve it alongside a simple protein. The salad has enough flavor so there is no need to get fancy with the other seasonings.